The Return of Ulysses (The Wind in the Willows)
The Return of Ulysses from The Wind in the Willows by Kenneth Grahame. An alternative sketch presented to John Cleese, when he commissioned Matthews to illustrate an iconic scene from this charming children's novel. Here, the formidable four storm the banqueting hall and reclaim Toad Hall from the stoats and weasels.
- Title: The Return of Ulysses
- Materials: archival lightfast inks on art paper
- Printing: giclée printed by Pricelis Art Ltd
- Size: 33cm x 45cm (13"x 17.7")
- Edition size: open edition, hand-signed by Rodney Matthews