RODNEY MATTHEWSCONCEPTUAL DESIGNER
Issue twenty-one of this sumptuous art quarterly features a front cover and in-depth thirty-three page article on Rodney Matthews. With over a third of the magazine dedicated to his work, superb reproductions of his images are in abundance, over thirty in fact! Beautifully presented and written with real insight, this magazine is a must-have for all collectors.
Spring Offer now on - simply:
1. Add to your cart a print of any value from the Prints Collection above.
2. Add to your cart a print worth £20 from the Spring Offer Collection - you can choose from any of the following: A Study of Smaug; The Thief; Bard's Last Arrow; Beorn and the Battle of the Five Armies; The Great Goblin; Nothing but a Pack of Cards; Ruttnasty the Brave (or Stupid); Take Him Inside; The Return of Ulysses; Peter and the Jolly Roger; or Tick-Tock, Tick-Tock!
3. At the checkout enter coupon code SPRINGOFFER to deduct the £20.
4. Wait patiently while we do our bit (our award-winning fine art printers will freshly print and post your order to us, then Rodney will hand-sign your prints, before Barkeley (woof-woof!) takes a trip to the post office with it and Sarah marks it dispatched.
5. Open your tube on arrival and enjoy a free print on us!
*offer ends on the last day of Spring (20 June 2018 at 11:59).
Geoff West, Editor, illustrators (Art Quarterly), 2018
Rodney's work spans much of the latter half of the last century, but despite the passage of time, his uniquely crafted visions remain as fresh and idiosyncratic as they were when he first burst into the collective concsiousness in the early 1970s.
Blabbermouth.net (Heavy Metal/Rock News and Reviews Website), 2018
One of the most influential and well-known sleeve artists in the rock field.
John Cleese (Actor and Writer), 2009
Michelangelo, Manet, Monet, Matisse, Munch, Mondrain, and Matthews. All my favourite artists begin with an 'M'. And so, Rodney Matthews is generally acknowledged to be among the greatest artists that have ever lived. Need I say more? Please buy this book, and all his other works, because then my immense collection of stuff will become even more valuable. Especially when he dies.
Joe Geesin, Record Collector (Music Magazine), 2004
Mention Rodney Matthews’ name to any rock or metal collector and they’ll tell you that it is synonymous with some of the most fantastic fantasy artwork ever created.
Michael Moorcock (Writer)
Like only a few artists, Rodney Matthews frequently has the knack of exactly capturing not only the described detail of my scenes, but (much harder to accomplish) also of catching the exact mood of a piece.
Diego Cordoba, Deputy Editor, illlustrators (Art Quarterly), 2018
In the world of illustration there are few artists who are immediately recognisable. One of them is British artist Rodney Matthews who doesn't even sign his paintings. He doesn't need to, as we can all distinguish him from any other artist.
Barkeley Matthews (Resident Studio Puppy Dog), 2018
My Dad is great. He is the best football player EVER - move over Stanley Matthews. He takes me and Mum out for really good, long walks. He even takes me along to shows and exhibitions. Oh, and he's not too bad at painting border collies either - have you seen 'On a Storyteller's Night'? I love my Dad.