The Mouse - The Pool of Tears (Alice in Wonderland) original pencil sketch by Rodney Matthews
In 2008, when Templar published their collector's classic edition of Alice in Wonderland, Matthews achieved his lifelong ambition to illustrate the most well known children's story ever written. He had waited for this opportunity since the age of six, ever since his sister Beryl had taken him to see the Walt Disney movie in 1951. Matthews' "wonderland" is sinister, capturing the essence of Lewis Carroll's tale. In addition to the many coloured pieces, fourteen pencil drawings were also featured in the book.
This charming little pencil sketch depicts a mouse in trouble. No children's tale would be complete without a triumphant mouse - nice one Mr Carroll!
- Title: The Mouse - The Pool of Tears
- Year: 2008
- Materials: pencil on tracing paper
- Image size: 7.5cm x 21.5cm (3” x 8.5”)
- Presentation: mounted and wrapped in cellophane
- Click here for shipping charges, methods and timescales