The Hall of Bright Carvings (Titus Groan)
Mervyn Peake has long been one of Matthews’ heroes, admired not only for his magnum opus, the Gormenghast series, but for his nonsense poems and artwork. Painted in 1986, this image from Titus Groan illustrates the hall used to house the winning exhibits from the annual woodcarving and painting competition.
- Title: 'The Hall of Bright Carvings'
- Edition: limited to only 100 giclée prints, hand-signed and numbered by Rodney Matthews
- Size (height x width): 444 x 420 mm (17.5 x 16.5 inches)
- Materials: pigmented inks & 315gsm soft textured fine art paper
- Printed by: Rodney Matthews Studios, UK
- Click here for shipping charges, methods and timescales