Into the Valley of the Moonking (Magnum)
You will not be surprised to know that Into the Valley of the Moonking is another Tony Clarkin idea. He described the scene to Matthews saying:
'I want a Moses-like character gesturing towards the valley and a schoolboy of slightly ragged appearance contemplating the suggestion that he go forth into the landscape.'
It is obvious that the boy could not resist the temptation, as he later appears in the Sacred Blood "Divine" Lies painting. Clarkin described most of the other features in the work, leaving Matthews to add the two mice, which he has recently named "Jochan" and "Woody".
- Title: Into the Valley of the Moonking
- Materials: archival lightfast inks on art paper
- Printing: actual artwork-sized image, giclée printed by Pricelis Art Ltd
- Size: 53cm x 53cm (21" x 21")
- Edition size: open edition signed by Rodney Matthews