Magnum: The Serpent Rings open edition giclèe art print
Regular price $62.00 USD
Regular priceUnit price per
Painted in 2019 for Magnum's 21st studio album, which is due for release January 2020. The concept (as is the norm with Magnum) is Tony Clarkin's. He wanted the "Storyteller" to appear as a reluctant warrior, dressed in his purple robe, kneeling with his sword. He also mentioned false prophets, a hall with pillars, and a light source giving a smoky or indistinct background. Matthews chose a symmetrical layout with four pillars, inlaying a runic symbol upon each to represent the four elements "Earth", "Air", "Fire" and "Water". He added another rune to the front outer ring of the "initiation" circle to represent the fifth element - "Aether" (or The Void/Eternity). You can read more about the details within this image by heading over to Rodney's blog.
- Title: 'The Serpent Rings
- Edition: open edition giclée print, hand-signed by Rodney Matthews - PLUS first 30 sold will be co-signed by Tony Clarkin!
- Size (height x width): 530 x 530 mm (21 x 21 inches)
- Materials: pigmented inks & art paper
- Printed by: Pricelis Art Ltd, UK