Magnum: Into the Valley of the Moonking open edition giclèe art print
Magnum fans will not be surprised to know that 'Into the Valley of the Moonking' is another Tony Clarkin idea. His brief to Matthews was:
'I want a Moses-like character gesturing towards the valley and a schoolboy of slightly ragged appearance contemplating the suggestion that he go forth into the landscape.'
Obviously the boy could not resist the temptation, as he later appears in the Sacred Blood "Divine" Lies painting. Clarkin requested most of the other features in the work, leaving Matthews to add the two mice, which he recently named "Jochan" and "Woody".
- Full Title: 'Into the Valley of the Moonking'
- Edition: open edition giclée print, hand-signed by Rodney Matthews
- Size (height x width): 530 x 530 mm (21 x 21 inches)
- Materials: pigmented inks & art paper
- Printed by: Pricelis Art Ltd, UK