Elric at the End of Time: Encore at the End of Time limited edition lithograph art print
This image was painted in 1981 as one of twenty-one colour pieces and eleven pencil drawings for the book Elric at the End of Time, a collaboration between Matthews and Michael Moorcock. The book was published in 1987 by Dragon's World, London. Matthews suggested images that were written into the story by Moorcock. "Encore" is Matthews take on the band Hawkwind, who are closely associated with Moorcock. By a strange coincidence the image was used years later for the cover of Hawkwind's album 'Out of the Shadows'. It has also appeared many times in Matthews' wider portfolio.
- Full Title: 'Encore at the End of Time'
- Edition: limited to only 150 lithograph prints, hand-signed and numbered by Rodney Matthews
- Size (height x width): 640 x 840 mm
- Materials: pigmented inks & 300gsm art paper
- Printed by: ABP Colour Print, UK