Elric of Melniboné: The Dragon Lord limited edition giclèe art print
Regular price $152.00 USD
Regular priceUnit price per
A limited edition print to mark the 40th anniversary of the classic artwork 'The Dragon Lord'.
Commissioned by Big O Posters (UK/Germany/USA) in 1976, this image formed part of a set of twelve Michael Moorcock-inspired illustrations which were published as posters and in the calendar 'Wizardry and Wild Romance'. Matthews says that Moorcock was a joy to work with, offering design suggestions but never dominating the art. Of the twelve, 'The Dragon Lord' was among the most popular and seemed to epitomise at a stroke - of Elric's runesword Stormbringer perhaps - the essence of the Eternal Champion epoch.
The image was later licensed by Roxxcalibur for their 2011 album Lords of the NWOBHM.
- Full Title: 'The Dragon Lord'
- Edition: limited to only 200 STANDARD giclée prints, hand-signed and numbered by Rodney Matthews, plus ten ARTIST PROOFS hand-signed and marked AP by Rodney Matthews
- Size (height x width): 660 x 470 mm (26 x 18.5 inches)
- Materials: pigmented inks on fine art paper
- Printed by: Pricelis Art Ltd, UK