Down the Rabbit Hole (Alice in Wonderland)
And so the wondrous story begins, down a common or garden rabbit hole ...
In 2008, when Templar published their collector's classic edition of Alice in Wonderland, Matthews achieved his lifelong ambition to illustrate the most well known children's story ever written. He had waited for this opportunity since the age of six, ever since his sister Beryl had taken him to see the Walt Disney movie in 1951. Matthews' "wonderland" is sinister, capturing the essence of Lewis Carroll's tale. In addition to the many coloured pieces, fourteen pencil drawings were also featured in the book.
- Title: Down the Rabbit Hole
- Year: 2008
- Materials: pencil on tracing paper
- Size (including mount): 37.3cm x 48cm (14.7” x 18.9”)
- Presentation: mounted and wrapped in cellophane
- Click here for shipping charges, methods and timescales