Son-Rise (Rick Wakeman)
This image was commissioned in 1991 by Beckmann Video on behalf of Rick Wakeman, for use on the video and CD cover of his project The Word and the Gospels. Whilst Rodney Matthews enjoys the occasional Easter egg, this scene reminds him of the true meaning of Easter, with the empty tomb and Christ's triumphant resurrection from the dead. Matthews' bible reference for this piece is from Mark chapter 16, verse 6: 'Don't be alarmed,' he said, 'you are looking for Jesus the Nazarene, who was crucified. He has risen!'
Rodney Matthews Studios will donate all profits from this print to The Salvation Army.
- Full Title: 'Son-rise'
- Edition: open edition giclée print, hand-signed by Rodney Matthews
- Size (height x width): 414 x 518 mm (16.3 x 20.4 inches)
- Materials: pigmented inks & art paper
- Printed by: Pricelis Art Ltd, UK
- Click here for shipping charges, methods and timescales