'Ionawr' was a private commission for a lady with a fondness for ducks. Being fascinated by wildlife himself, Matthews took to this subject like a duck to water (or perhaps, more accurately, snow?) The ducks combine elements from both the eider and pintail duck. The distant elevated meeting house has a distinctly Norse aspect. "Ionawr" is the Welsh word for January and was used as the title for Matthews' exhibition held at The Bishop's Palace, Wells, England, between 13th January 2016 and 24th February 2016.
- Full Title: 'Ionawr'
- Edition: limited to only 500 giclée prints, hand-signed and numbered by Rodney Matthews
- Size (height x width): 472 x 585 mm (18.6 x 23 inches)
- Materials: pigmented inks & Photo Rag fine art paper
- Printed by: Pricelis Art Ltd, UK
- Click here for shipping charges, methods and timescales